Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Workshop Arrangement

Different people cope with death in different ways-I just have to stay busy until it doesn't bother me anymore and I'm usually okay.  There's been more than enough work to keep me busy with the family lately, but I've also busted my rump organizing my work area to help keep my mind off things.  Since it's been both cold and rainy here over the last few days, I wasn't able to use the door to the outside to temporarily move, sit, or store items being shuffled or in transit so that resulted in more clutter through the adjoining rooms.  It's a huge relief to have all my tools here organized (I still have two Craftsman tool chests full of hand tools, MIG and arc-welding equipment, a large oxy-acetylene outfit, a 30 gallon 6HP Craftsman air compressor, and many more related tools-nearly enough for a shop!), I just need to move to a larger place in order to have all my tools available to me. 

Here's some pics-don't worry about the chest, I'm going to pick up some large, thin plastic sheet and aluminum angle asap to build an enclosure for the Taig.  I can't have it that close to my tool box without some sort of one...
















































































































That's been a load of work, but it needed to be done.  I feel bad because I've gotten so far behind on nearly everything else, but I'll do my best to get caught up as soon as I can.  More to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hi;

    Seems as if you have one of every sort of small lathe and mill made! I have a question;
    Why the Sherline headstock on the Taig mill? Is this for the Sherline's swiveling feature? I am sure you know that you can take the Taig mill head off the column and turn and remount it so that it is working in horizontal fashion? Also, with the Sherline's smaller ID spindle you can't mount a 3/8" end mill without an adapter whereas you can do so with the Taig mill head. Just curious about these things. You have a lot of tools-nice setup!

    ReplyDelete